Thursday, August 5, 2010

Touchdown AND Treasure Chest Thursday: An Address Book of Memories

At a recent family party, I discovered a wonderful source of genealogy goodness: my great grandma, Marie Cicero Gardos Malouf, and my grandma, Mildred "Millie" Gardos Malouf Vitraelli's address book.  Two address books!

Although both my great grandma and grandma are deceased, the address book contained wonderful information such as:

1) A birthday card list with their parents, siblings, daughters, sons, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, in-laws, and neighbors birth dates (and death dates)



2) An anniversary list for their parents, siblings, daughters, sons, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, in-laws, and neighbors

3) And of course....Addresses!  Addresses of parents, siblings, daughters, sons, nieces, nephews, cousins, in-laws, and neighbors, and not just the latest addresses, but a history of past addresses (crossed out with one line, and still legible)



I was able to use this information to fill in some missing information in my tree and add people to my tree....I only knew my great grandma had four siblings, when she actually had 11 siblings!!

What a gold mine of information!  An an extra bonus, my great grandmother and grandmother's handwriting

3 comments:

  1. I love finding those old address books! What a great find! I mentioned to a non family history person how I like finding old grocery lists because it lets you see what your ancestors were buying and the store. They thought I was nuts. So good to come here where people get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a goldmine. How wonderful you were able to find it. Blessing do happen in this wonderful work of finding our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you. Address books can be such a treasure trove of information. I found my grandmother's a while back and like you it filled in some blanks.

    ReplyDelete