Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ancestry.com to Family Tree Maker Import Error: Invalid tag MARR and DIV

I was finally able to import my gedcom from ancestry.com to my 2010 Family Tree Maker software without the software crashing!

But....Upon looking at the Error log, I am finding the following errors:

Line 14615: error 4 : Invalid tag: MARR. Line ignored.
Line 18588: error 4 : Invalid tag: MARR. Line ignored.
Line 33532: error 4 : Invalid tag: MARR. Line ignored.
Line 61331: error 4: Invalid tag: DIV. Line ignored.

There are over 70 instances of the Invalid tag: MARR and 4 instances of the invalid tag: DIV

I opened the gedcom in Excel to see if I could figure out what was happening, here's the info for the following error code:

Line 33532: error 4 : Invalid tag: MARR. Line ignored. (where 1 MARR is Line 33532)

1 MARR
2 DATE 1 Nov 1960
2 PLAC Cook, Illinois, USA
2 SOUR @S1496203298@
3 NOTE
http://trees.ancestry.com/rdf=sse&db=cookcountymarriages&h=6020371&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt
3 NOTE
3 DATA
4 TEXT Marriage date: 1 Nov 1960Marriage place: Cook County, IL
3 _APID 1500::6020371


Any idea why I am getting these error codes? Is there a way to fix them all at once, or do I need to fix each record individually? If they need to be fixed, what part needs to be fixed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    Question: Why not download your Member Family Tree into Version 2010 using the Family Tree Maker 'friendly' download and NOT the GEDCOM format?

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ,

    every time I tried to import using family tree maker friendly version the software crashed. The only way I could get my gedcom into family treemaker was by importing as a gedcom

    thanks
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete